Frontera B by Opcar

Hier könnt Ihr alles zum Thema Tuning, Zubehör und Umbau posten.

Moderatoren: Der Ralf, karman911

opcar
Reserveradträger
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

AW: Frontera B by Opcar

Beitrag von opcar » Freitag 6. Juni 2014, 13:26

Hello,

I've got myself 2004. Opel Frontera, LWB, 4x4, Olympus trim. Engine is Opel's Y22DTH, turbo-diesel, 120HP/280Nm, manual transmission.

I will write about modding my Fronty here ;).

Here are a few photos when I purchased her:

Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

She was pretty much standard Frontera, with Olympus trim.

Angefügt nach 1 Stunden 16 Minuten:

First mod was adding the wheel spacers for wider stance :)

Bild Bild Bild Bild

Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

The wheel spacers are 35mm thick, so with the standard Frontera wheel offset of +38, it gives ET+3 in total :D

Andy1981
Überrollkäfigtester
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Beitrag von Andy1981 » Freitag 6. Juni 2014, 13:28

Hey Opcar,

Nice Car :D the same as my :)

Please make lots of pictures

This is my car at the moment

http://forum.opel4x4.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=17844

Greeting Andy

opcar
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von opcar » Freitag 6. Juni 2014, 13:59

Hi Andy,

thank you very much. I've already seen your monster-Fronty ;). She's simply gorgeus!!!

And regarding the photos, I didn't want to overload the page with them, so I'll just post photo's thumbnails.

I don't have a need for a serious off-roader. I drive her mostly around town, or on the highway. The most difficult terrain that I need Fronty for is some up-hill dirt roads, when I go on vacation to my ranch (you'll see the photos little later), so I don't need to lift her much, or to put some extreme off road wheels. Also, I tow some boat or a car occasionally.

I bought her some year and half ago. She has became my every day car, and I'm very happy and satisfied with her so far.

Regards,
Danijel

Angefügt nach 11 Minuten:

OK, let's continue ;):

The next mod was lifting the Fronty. I achieved that by adding the spring spacers in the back and winding up the torsion bars in the front. The spring spacers are 45mm thick.

Bild Bild Bild Bild

Bild Bild Bild

The photos are taken immediately after the lift. She went down a little after few days, but not by much.
Best regards,
Danijel

My Fronty modification thread: http://forum.opel4x4.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=203278

karman911
Fahrzeug: frontera 3,2 lang, dodge ram

Beitrag von karman911 » Freitag 6. Juni 2014, 23:58

hello danijel,

nice car :freak:

35mm spacer are not allowed in germany grr do you have an organization like the german tüv?

the wheels in your avatar looks different....... :anim:

br
heiko
nur wer sich hohe ziele setzt, kann auch großes erreichen
suche; blaugetönte frontscheibe mit blaukeil für frontera a
wer viele fragen stellt, bekommt viele antworten.......auch die, die er nicht hören wollte

Anti-Flachtaxe
Geröllchampion
Fahrzeug: Pajero 3000 V6

Beitrag von Anti-Flachtaxe » Samstag 7. Juni 2014, 00:09

Hey, nice Frontera.

Do you have a photo with the avatar wheels?

karman911

Beitrag von karman911 » Samstag 7. Juni 2014, 00:11

schau mal bei vorstellungen :wink:
wer viele fragen stellt, bekommt viele antworten.......auch die, die er nicht hören wollte

opcar
Reserveradträger

Re: AW: Frontera B by Opcar

Beitrag von opcar » Samstag 7. Juni 2014, 00:26

karman911 hat geschrieben:hello danijel,

nice car :freak:

35mm spacer are not allowed in germany grr do you have an organization like the german tüv?

the wheels in your avatar looks different....... :anim:

br
heiko

Hi Heiko,

thank you very much for compliments :).

Yes, we have the organisation in Serbia like the tüv is in Germany. It is called "Tehnicki Pregled" (it can be roughly translated as the "Technical Overview") of the vehicles.

In Serbia, you can put a wheel spacer as thick as you like, but the tire tread mustn't go outside of the edge of the wheel well for more than 1,5 cm.

Plus, a guy who is checking the vehicles and give approvals is my very, very good friend, so practically anything goes :evil: :evil: :evil:

Regarding the different wheels on my avatar, I'll come to that in this thread soon enough :freak:

Best regards,
Danijel

Angefügt nach 6 Minuten:
Anti-Flachtaxe hat geschrieben:Hey, nice Frontera.

Do you have a photo with the avatar wheels?

Hi Anti-Flachtaxe,

thank you very much.

Yes, I have the photos with the avatar wheels and I will post them very soon. I started posting the photos in chronological order, from the oldest to the newest :D

Best regards,
Danijel
Best regards,
Danijel

My Fronty modification thread: http://forum.opel4x4.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=203278

Anti-Flachtaxe
Geröllchampion

Beitrag von Anti-Flachtaxe » Samstag 7. Juni 2014, 00:27

karman911 hat geschrieben:schau mal bei vorstellungen :wink:
Danke. :)

Nice delta 4x4 rims. 8)

karman911

Beitrag von karman911 » Samstag 7. Juni 2014, 00:41

opcar hat geschrieben: In Serbia, you can put a wheel spacer as thick as you like, but the tire tread mustn't go outside of the edge of the wheel well for more than 1,5 cm.

Plus, a guy who is checking the vehicles and give approvals is my very, very good friend, so practically anything goes :evil: :evil: :evil:
l
lucky guy :freak:

opcar
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von opcar » Samstag 7. Juni 2014, 01:07

So, after the lifting, I bought some more serious rubber for the off-road/winter:

Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

The tires are 255/70R16 Toyo Open Country A/Ts

here are they mounted on the Fronty:

Bild Bild Bild Bild
Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

... and a few pics from the ranch, up in the hills:

Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

Angefügt nach 24 Minuten:

OK, let's continue.

Just before last winter (2013), I managed to acquire my future summer/highway wheels, from München, Germany, through e-Bay :freak: :freak: :freak:

They are two-part BBS Delta 4x4 Elements III in dimension 10Jx20 H2, ET:0, in excellent condition.

They came with the two 275/40R20 General Grabber UHP tires in a very good condition, and with the two 275/40R20 Dunlop SP Sport 9000 tires in not so good condition.

pics from the ad:

Bild Bild

and the pics of the Fronty Sport they were on:

Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

I think that they are still selling that Fronty, but on the standard Frontera wheels :wand:
Best regards,
Danijel

opcar
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von opcar » Samstag 7. Juni 2014, 13:04

karman911 hat geschrieben:hello danijel,

br
heiko

Hi Heiko,

can you tell me what spacers are allowed in Germany? And what about the wheel thickness and offset (ET)?

Angefügt nach 7 Minuten:

BTW, let's continue :smoke:

Here are few photos with the Delta 4x4 wheels and the old 275/40R20 tires, when they arrived:

Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

275/40R20 tires are too small and skinny, especially for the lifted Fronty. :meinung:

Just look at the profil photo ;).
Best regards,
Danijel

opcar
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von opcar » Sonntag 8. Juni 2014, 00:04

That is why I decided to change the tires ;).

I bought the newest model from the General tires, Grabber GT in dimension 275/45 R20:

Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

Bild Bild Bild Bild

Now it sits much, much better. What do you think?
Best regards,
Danijel

Anti-Flachtaxe
Geröllchampion

Beitrag von Anti-Flachtaxe » Sonntag 8. Juni 2014, 00:44

looks very good

here in Germany tüv would be crazy

opcar
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von opcar » Sonntag 8. Juni 2014, 01:15

Thanks.

But I don't understand why would tüv be crazy about -that wheels came to Serbia from the Frontera driven and owned in Germany???

hmm
Best regards,
Danijel

karman911

Beitrag von karman911 » Sonntag 8. Juni 2014, 01:20

hello,

the tüv would be crazy about the spacers not about the wheels :wink:

allowed is 30mm and wheels must be covered.......

look here on my car

Bild

Bild

265/45/20 :freak:

br
heiko

opcar
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von opcar » Sonntag 8. Juni 2014, 02:01

Hi Heiko,

good looking Frontera there ;)

But I don't have any wheel spacers when I mount the summer wheels. They are 10Jx20, with ET:0, so they don't need any spacers mounted.

:lol2:
Best regards,
Danijel

karman911

Beitrag von karman911 » Sonntag 8. Juni 2014, 02:09

i havent spacers too :frech: but only 9.5x20.......the et ??? must look :oops:

opcar
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von opcar » Sonntag 8. Juni 2014, 17:15

Ok, here are some newer and better photos:

Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

Bild Bild Bild

As you can see, the windows and the B-pillar are also tinted.
Best regards,
Danijel

karman911

Beitrag von karman911 » Sonntag 8. Juni 2014, 20:10

opcar hat geschrieben:
As you can see, the windows and the B-pillar are also tinted.

looks good :freak:

is it foiled or lacquered? i think about that......do you tested it with the c-pillar?

opcar
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von opcar » Montag 9. Juni 2014, 01:39

Thank you :).

The B-pillar is foiled. I asked my friend to make me a few different foiled versions of Fronty in PS idee . They come in pairs. The first photo in a pair is with a silver rearview mirror, and the second is with a black.
The first photo (top upper, the most left) is the photo of my Fronty as it looks now (B-pillar in black).

I tend to prefer version with both B & D pillars in black. Or both B & C pillars in black.

Bild Bild Bild Bild

Bild Bild Bild Bild

Bild Bild Bild Bild

Bild Bild Bild Bild

Bild Bild Bild Bild

And what do you prefer? hmm
Best regards,
Danijel

karman911

Beitrag von karman911 » Montag 9. Juni 2014, 02:52

iam not sure.......i think your version or b+c pillar........and the mirror in silver ..... :meinung:

opcar
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von opcar » Montag 9. Juni 2014, 02:58

Yes, I prefer the silver rearview mirror, too :D

As for the C-pillar, I prefer it to be in silver, rather than in black, because it is massive and stands at angle, so it gives the Fronty a nice, sportier note :meinung:
Best regards,
Danijel

Asconajuenger
Überrollkäfigtester

Beitrag von Asconajuenger » Dienstag 10. Juni 2014, 12:34

The both with the Black roofs looks very nice! :meinung:

cpthome
Abhangjäger
Fahrzeug: Frontera B 2.2DTi Limited Bj. 2000 mit leichten Modifikationen

Beitrag von cpthome » Dienstag 10. Juni 2014, 12:45

i like the one with b- and d-pillar, the roof above the latest window and the rearview mirror in black the most

Bild

that´s what i´ve planned for mine :freak: :freak: :freak: because i have a "little" damage on the d-pillar on the passenger side :oops:
Beste Grüße
Christian

base camp
N 52°52'35.0" - E 8°13'58.0"

Mein Bastelthread: http://forum.opel4x4.de/viewtopic.php?t=18028

opcar
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von opcar » Montag 16. Juni 2014, 01:56

Thank you for your opinions :).

@cpthome -that version resembles pick-up vehicle :meinung:
Best regards,
Danijel

opcar
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von opcar » Dienstag 17. Juni 2014, 14:24

A few photos of my Fronty "on the duty":

Bild Bild Bild Bild
Best regards,
Danijel

opcar
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von opcar » Freitag 20. Juni 2014, 17:59

... and some photos of the interior:

Bild Bild Bild Bild

... with a front view camera:

Bild Bild Bild Bild

... and a rear view camera:

Bild Bild
Best regards,
Danijel

Slave_TZAR
Böschungswinkelmesser

Beitrag von Slave_TZAR » Freitag 20. Juni 2014, 21:24

Lepo da i nase ljude ovde ima :D

opcar
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von opcar » Freitag 20. Juni 2014, 21:28

Cao,

Srecom, ima nas svuda ;).
Best regards,
Danijel

opcar
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von opcar » Sonntag 11. Januar 2015, 20:51

Winter wheels - rims Meyer-Bernitt, model MB Atlanta, 8Jx16, ET0, tires Cooper, model Discoverer M+S, 245/75R16.

Bild BildBild Bild Bild Bild BildBild
Best regards,
Danijel

Antworten